CANNA MAC - N - CHEESE - 12.21.2014
CANNA MAC - N - CHEESE RECIPE
1/2 cup cold cannabutter plus 1 tablespoon melted cannabutter
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup flour
4 cups milk
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound penne pasta, cooked
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded American or Swiss cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the cannabutter and regular butter together. Add the flour and whisk well for 3 to 5 minutes, while the mixture cooks.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium pot over high heat, bring the milk just to a boil.
4. Slowly add the heated milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking to incorporate well. Add the salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, and continue to cook until the mixture reaches a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the cooked penne and cheeses, saving 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese for the topping.
5. Pour the penne mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs with the remaining Parmesan and the 1 tablespoon melted cannabutter and sprinkle on top of the penne. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.